10 Quick Tips for the Best Hotel Stay
You want to know more about hotels. Are you going somewhere and need to know what you should look for in a good hotel? No matter what, you should learn about these things before you use them. Use the information below to get the help you need.
- If you are staying near a resort area, choose a hotel with a free shuttle to nearby attractions to save money on travel. You should be able to rent a car in a different area. Use a taxi to get to your hotel, and then take the shuttle to have fun.
- Compare prices when you shop online. You may need to do comparison shopping to find the best deals. A few quick searches on the Internet can help you a lot. There, you can see who has the best prices for hotels in the areas you are considering. It can help you save a lot of money. When you stay at a hotel, leave a small tip for the people who clean the room. It’s better to tip every day than to wait until the end of the trip since the same person may only help you sometimes.
- Before you unpack, look over your hotel room when you get there. Your room should be clean, smell good, and not have strange stains, smells, or mildew. Are all the bathroom fixtures in good shape? Are there enough towels and sheets in the room? If there are obvious problems, you should tell the front desk right away so that they can be fixed or you can be moved to another room.
- Check online discount hotel sites to help you find the best deals. These websites can get the prices of hotels down to rock-bottom levels. Even high-end hotels can be found at cheaper rates. There’s no reason why you should be paying the total rate.
- Don’t feel silly if you have questions for the hotel’s guest representative. If you want peace and quiet, you need to plan ahead to make sure you get it. Is the hotel too close to an airport, for instance? Are there building projects going on nearby? Know this before you make a reservation at a hotel.
- You need to do three things before you go to a hotel with your pet. First, you’ll have to find out if a hotel allows pets. Get some plastic grocery bags so you can clean up any messes your pet makes. It would help if you also tried to get a room near the end of the hallway so that other guests don’t have to listen to your pet.
- If you want to stay in a hotel with your family, look online for family-friendly policies and special deals. Try using review sites for family vacations. There are many reviews of family hotels and resorts online. If you look through these sites, you should also be able to find deals that will make your trip more fun and save you money.
- If you plan to stay in a hotel for a week or longer, ask the hotel about discounts for longer stays. Most hotels have weekly and monthly rates that are not advertised. These can give you significant discounts on your hotel stay. Make sure to say so right away.
- In a hotel, it’s not a good idea to put a sign on your door that says “maid service needed.” This is a very clear sign that you are not in the room. It can make people want to break in and steal your things. If you need maid service, it’s better to tell the desk than to leave the signup.
- Will your kids be with you the next time you stay in a hotel? If so, choose a hotel that meets their needs best. This includes both the hotel’s features and its location. For example, a hotel could be lovely, have an indoor pool, or have all the cable channels. But if it’s in an industrial area or a part of town where there are a lot of bars, your kids might not be happy.